Apricot-Glazed Chicken Skewers With Sumac And MintBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Fresh apricots and an easy homemade glaze add sweetness to these seasoned chicken kebabs. Tangy labneh makes a perfect counterpoint for dipping.—Eshun Mott
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint , divided
- 1 tbsp finely chopped oregano
- 1 tbsp ground sumac
- 2 large garlic cloves , grated
- zest , of one lemon
- 680 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cut in 1-in. cubes (about 4 breasts)
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4-6 small firm-ripe apricots , halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup Labneh
- Combine oil, 2 tbsp mint, oregano, sumac, garlic and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for min to marinate or in the refrigerator for up to 3 hr.
- Meanwhile, stir together jam, soy and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to high. If chicken is marinating in the refrigerator, let it come to room temperature.
- Divide chicken and apricots among 6 metal skewers (or use wooden skewers that have been soaked for 30 min). Grill skewers for 8 to 9 min, lid closed but opening to turn skewers frequently, until chicken is cooked and apricots are softened. Brush chicken with glaze and cook 1 min more, lid closed, until glaze has lightly caramelized. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp mint.