Vietnamese shrimp salad with tomato and mangoBy Chatelaine
When the sun’s blazing and the mercury’s rising, try a refreshing no-cook salad to cool you down.
- 3 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 jalapeño , thinly sliced into rounds (optional)
- 1 454-g pkg frozen, cooked large shrimp , thawed and patted dry
- 6 cocktail tomatoes , quartered
- 1 mango , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 225-g pkg fine rice vermicelli
- 1 cup torn cilantro , leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup chopped, roasted unsalted peanuts
- WHISK vinegar, oil, sugar, soy and jalapeno in a large bowl. Add shrimp, tomatoes, mango and onion and stir to combine. Let stand 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- COVER noodles with boiling water in a large bowl. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 min. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain, then add to shrimp mixture along with cilantro and peanuts. Toss to combine.
Chatelaine Quickies: No-cook shrimp, mango and avocado rolls
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 48 g,
- 20 g,
- 5 g,
- 506 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C