Turkey and farro burrito bowl
Photo, Erik Putz.
The versatility of grain bowls knows no bounds.
1/2 tsp + pinch of
, thinly sliced
- COOK farro in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 25 to 30 min. Drain.
- HEAT 1 tsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until tender, 3 to 4 min. Add turkey, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder and 1/2 tsp salt and cook until browned and crumbled, 5 min. Stir in 1/4 cup water and scrape up bits on pan bottom.
- COOK corn in microwave following package directions.
- HEAT remaining 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan over medium. Crack eggs into pan. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cook until whites are just set but yolks are intact, 2 min.
- DIVIDE farro among bowls, then top with turkey, corn, tomatoes, radishes and cheese. Top each with an egg and serve with sour cream and cilantro.
Chatelaine Quickies: Mushroom grain bowl
Nutrition (per serving)
- 31 g,
- 41 g,
- 22 g,
- 5 g,
- 619 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A