Updated Aug 30, 2018Chatelaine
canola oil, divided
chipotle chili powder
1/2 tsp + pinch of
frozen corn kernels
cocktail tomatoes, quartered
radishes, thinly sliced
sour cream, (optional)
- COOK farro in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 25 to 30 min. Drain.
- HEAT 1 tsp oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until tender, 3 to 4 min. Add turkey, chipotle powder, cumin, garlic powder and 1/2 tsp salt and cook until browned and crumbled, 5 min. Stir in 1/4 cup water and scrape up bits on pan bottom.
- COOK corn in microwave following package directions.
- HEAT remaining 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan over medium. Crack eggs into pan. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and cook until whites are just set but yolks are intact, 2 min.
- DIVIDE farro among bowls, then top with turkey, corn, tomatoes, radishes and cheese. Top each with an egg and serve with sour cream and cilantro.
NutritionCalories 489, Protein 31 g, Carbohydrates 41 g, Fat 22 g, Fibre 5 g, Sodium 619 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Quickies: Mushroom grain bowl