Tomato-almond summer gazpachoBy Chatelaine
1 h 25 min
Almonds and bread bring creaminess and body to this chilled soup. Serve with charcuterie for a Spanish-style supper.
- 2 1-in. slices Italian bread , crusts removed
- 6 medium tomatoes , chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil , divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 small garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp whole roasted almonds , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- SLICE bread into 1-in. cubes. Whirl in a blender with tomatoes, 2 tbsp oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt until very smooth.
- PRESS mixture with the bottom of a ladle through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl. Discard pulp. Cover soup with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, 1 hour.
- STIR parsley with almonds and zest in a small bowl until combined. Divide gazpacho among 4 bowls. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with parsley mixture.
Cleaning your blender
Nutrition (per serving)
- 3 g,
- 11 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 180 mg.