Updated Apr 7, 2017Chatelaine
large carrots, peeled
cherry tomatoes, halved
mangoes, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced into strips
shallot, thinly sliced
coarsely chopped cilantro
mint, (whole leaves)
- SPRINKLE steak with salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT a large frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then steak. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 6 to 7 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil.
- WHISK lime juice with sugar, chili-garlic sauce and fish sauce in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.
- PEEL long ribbons from carrots and cucumbers, turning after every 3 peels, into same bowl. Add tomatoes, mangoes and shallot. Toss until coated.
- SLICE steak thinly against the grain. Divide among 4 plates. Top with salad, cilantro and mint. Kitchen note: Use a vegetable peeler to make long ribbons of carrots and cucumbers.
NutritionCalories 427, Protein 36 g, Carbohydrates 39 g, Fat 15 g, Fibre 7 g, Sodium 713 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai Steak Salad