Updated Jul 13, 2016Chatelaine
- COVER vermicelli noodles with boiling water in a large bowl. Let stand until tender, 5 to 7 min. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze excess water from noodles.
- STIR lime juice into chicken-kale mixture (from yesterday’s chicken and kale saute on rice) until coated.
- LAY a damp kitchen towel on counter. Fill a pie plate with warm water and place beside towel. Line up ingredients.
- DIP 1 rice paper round into water and soak until pliable, about 30 sec. Lay softened round on towel. Place a lettuce leaf just below the centre. Top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture, then 1/4 cup vermicelli and 1 tbsp each cilantro and basil. Drizzle with sriracha.
- LIFT rice paper edge closest to you up and over filling, then roll toward the centre. Fold in sides, then continue rolling to form a log. Set seam-side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with more sriracha, if desired.
NutritionCalories 386, Protein 20 g, Carbohydrates 53 g, Fat 10 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 494 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Quickies: No-cook shrimp, mango, and avocado rolls