Thai chicken rice noodle rollsBy Chatelaine
- 125 g fine rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 cups kale and chicken , (from chicken and kale saute on rice recipe)
- 8 rounds rice paper
- 8 large leaves bibb or butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- sriracha , optional
- COVER vermicelli noodles with boiling water in a large bowl. Let stand until tender, 5 to 7 min. Drain and rinse with cold water. Squeeze excess water from noodles.
- STIR lime juice into chicken-kale mixture (from yesterday’s chicken and kale saute on rice) until coated.
- LAY a damp kitchen towel on counter. Fill a pie plate with warm water and place beside towel. Line up ingredients.
- DIP 1 rice paper round into water and soak until pliable, about 30 sec. Lay softened round on towel. Place a lettuce leaf just below the centre. Top with 1/4 cup chicken mixture, then 1/4 cup vermicelli and 1 tbsp each cilantro and basil. Drizzle with sriracha.
- LIFT rice paper edge closest to you up and over filling, then roll toward the centre. Fold in sides, then continue rolling to form a log. Set seam-side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with more sriracha, if desired.
Chatelaine Quickies: No-cook shrimp, mango, and avocado rolls
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 53 g,
- 10 g,
- 3 g,
- 494 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A