Spanish carbonara with arugula saladBy Chatelaine
- 225 g tagliatelle pasta
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan , plus more for optional garnish
- 2 tbsp 35% cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 g cured chorizo sausage , finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 142 g arugula
- COOK tagliatelle in a large pot of boiling water, following package directions but omitting salt, until tender, 10 to 11 min. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water.
- WHISK egg with egg yolk, grated parmesan, cream and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Generously season with fresh pepper. Set aside.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add chorizo and cook until lightly golden, 3 to 5 min. Stir in pasta. Remove from heat. Stir egg mixture then add, stirring quickly, coating the pasta. Stir just until the egg mixture begins to thicken. Stir in enough pasta water to make the sauce creamy. Season with more fresh pepper. Sprinkle with shaved parmesan, if desired.
- WHISK oil with vinegar and 1/4 tsp salt in a large bowl until combined. Add arugula and toss until coated. Serve with pasta.
The three best ways to separate an egg
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 44 g,
- 22 g,
- 2 g,
- 867 mg.
- Excellent source of