Skillet broccoli and potato frittataBy Chatelaine
Eggs for dinner? Why not! This potato and broccoli frittata is packed with veggies and makes for a filling (and easy to make) weeknight meal.
- 6 baby potatoes , quartered
- 1 small crown of broccoli , cut into small florets (3 cups)
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 small onion , chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 small garlic clove , minced
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup grated white cheddar , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 6 to 8 min. Scoop out and add broccoli to boiling water and cook for 2 min. Rinse broccoli under cold running water and pat dry with kitchen towels.
- HEAT oil in a 10-in. cast iron frying pan over medium-high. (If you don’t have a cast iron pan, use an oven-safe frying pan.) Add onion, garlic and potatoes and cook, stirring often, until potatoes are brown around the edges, 2 to 3 min. Add broccoli and cook for 2 min.
- WHISK eggs, 1/2 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and pepper flakes in a large bowl. Pour into pan and evenly distribute vegetables.
- SPRINKLE with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake until frittata is golden around the edges and set when jiggled, 12 to 15 min. Serve with a salad.
Cheese grating tips
Nutrition (per serving)
- 22 g,
- 14 g,
- 25 g,
- 3 g,
- 615 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C