Love this recipe? Check out (more) delicious ways to build a rice bowl.
Sheet Pan Roasted Veggie & Chickpea BowlBy Chatelaine
Roasted vegetables pack crisp texture and great caramelized flavour into every bite of this healthy dinner dish.
- 450 g sweet potatoes , scrubbed and sliced 1/3 in. thick
- 5 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 450 g brussels sprouts , halved
- 1 540-mL can chickpeas , drained, rinsed well and patted dry
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups torn kale leaves
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsb olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp warm water , (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tbsp oil, chili powder and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Transfer to large rimmed baking sheet and roast for 5 min.
- Meanwhile, toss brussels sprouts with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt in same bowl. Add, cut-sides-down, to sheet with sweet potatoes. Roast until browned and tender, about 25 min. Remove brussels sprouts and set aside. Flip sweet potatoes.
- Toss chickpeas with 1 tbsp olive oil, paprika, cumin and 1/4 tsp salt in same bowl. Add to pan with sweet potatoes. Roast for 15 min.
- Massage kale with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in same bowl. Add to pan with sweet potatoes. Roast until edges of kale are crisp, about 5 min.
- Tahini Dressing: Whisk tahini with oil, lemon juice and salt. Season with pepper. Thin with water, if needed. Serve roasted vegetables with avocado over rice or another grain and drizzle with dressing.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 15 g,
- 61 g,
- 38 g,
- 19 g,
- 840 mg.