Jun 12, 2018Chatelaine
- COOK rice following package directions, about 15 min.
- HEAT 2 tsp sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add shrimp, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring often, until pink, 2 to 3 min. Transfer to a bowl.
- ADD bok choy to same pan and cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, about 2 min.
- ADD water, oyster sauce, vinegar and shrimp mixture. Bring to a boil, then stir in sesame seeds and remaining sesame oil.
- STIR cilantro into rice. Divide rice among 4 plates and top with shrimp mixture. Garnish with more cilantro.
Kitchen tip: Toast sesame seeds in a small frying pan over medium-high, stirring often, until golden and fragrant, about 3 min.
Kitchen tip: When cutting bok choy, slice only through the firm pale bulb, then gently pull apart, to keep leaves intact.
NutritionCalories 362, Protein 27 g, Carbohydrates 44 g, Fat 9 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 552 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Quickies: Cold Noodles with shrimp and peaches