Sesame chicken congeeBy Chatelaine
Today's savoury rice porridge uses leftovers from yesterday's poached ginger chicken and noodles.
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups reserved ginger chicken broth , (from poached ginger chicken and noodles recipe)
- 3/4 cup long-grain rice
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 2 reserved cooked chicken pieces , (from poached ginger chicken and noodles)
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- soy sauce , (optional)
- sesame oil , (optional)
- COMBINE water with ginger chicken broth and rice in a large pot and set over high. Boil, covered, stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium. Gently boil, partially covered, until rice becomes mushy, 30 min. Stir in mushrooms and chicken pieces. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 min. Ladle into bowls and top with green onion and sesame seeds. Drizzle with soy and sesame oil.
Sesame ginger steak and noodle salad
Nutrition (per serving)
- 17 g,
- 30 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 g,
- 483 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin B6