Pork medallions with arugula and apple saladBy Chatelaine
- 1 pork tenderloin , (about 454 g)
- 2 tsp Montreal steak spice , divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil , divided
- 142-g pkg baby arugula , (8 cups)
- 142-g pks baby spinach , (8 cups)
- 2 apples , unpeeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- PREHEAT oven to 400F. Sprinkle pork with 1 tsp of the steak spice. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large oven-safe frying pan over medium. Add pork and brown on all sides, about 8 min. Roast pork in frying pan in oven until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of pork registers 155F, 16 to 18 min.
- COMBINE arugula, spinach, apples and almonds in a large bowl. Whisk vinegar, remaining 2 tbsp of the oil, honey, Dijon and remaining 1 tsp steak spice in a small bowl and set aside.
- TRANSFER pork to a cutting board and let stand 5 min. Add wine to pan and set over medium-high. Scrape browned bits off bottom of pan, then add dressing and boil for 1 min. Divide arugula mixture among plates.
- CUT pork into 1/2-in. medallions and lay on top of salads. Drizzle with warm dressing. Top with parmesan.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 27 g,
- 20 g,
- 4 g,
- 366 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6