Kitchen Tip: For a firmer texture, drain tofu in a sieve placed over a bowl overnight.
Pork and tofu cakesBy Chatelaine
- 1 454-g pkg medium tofu , cut into large cubes and drained on paper towels
- 250 g lean ground pork
- 1 egg
- 3 green onions , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- MASH tofu in a medium bowl. Stir in pork, egg, green onions, pepper, dill, flour, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder and salt. Divide into 12 portions (about 1/3 cup each). Form each into a ball and flatten into a 2-in. disc.
- HEAT canola oil in a large frying pan over medium. Cook tofu cakes in 2 batches until golden, about 3 min per side. Remove to a large platter lined with paper towels.
- SERVE with a salad and Thai chili sauce for dipping.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make zucchini-feta cakes
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 11 g,
- 31 g,
- 1 g,
- 875 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C