Pear, radish and fennel saladBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Firm, crunchy-when-ripe pears are perfect for this crisp, refreshing salad.
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head Boston or butter lettuce , leaves separated
- 1 small fennel bulb , halved
- 2 Anjou or Bosc pears , stems removed, halved and cored
- 1 cup radishes , (about 9 radishes)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- WHISK lemon juice with lemon zest, Dijon and salt in a large bowl. Season with fresh pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil until combined.
- TEAR lettuce into smaller pieces. Add to dressing.
- REMOVE feathery fronds from fennel, reserving for garnish. Use a mandolin to thinly slice fennel, pears and radishes. Add to lettuce. Toss until combined. Arrange on a platter. Sprinkle with pecans and reserved fronds.
How to core iceberg lettuce
[brightcove id=’1751805615001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 20 g,
- 22 g,
- 5 g,
- 337 mg.
- Excellent source of