Kitchen Tip: Use an assortment of pear varietals, such as Anjou, Bosc and Bartlett.
Pear mulled wine sangriaBy Chatelaine
- 1 L 100% pear juices
- 10 star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp cloves
- 1 750-mL bottle red wine , such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 3 pears , cored and chopped
- 5 clementines , thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- HEAT pear juice with star anise, cinnamon sticks and cloves in a large pot over medium. Gently simmer on low for 30 min. Stir in wine, pears, clementines and cranberries. Keep warm over low heat and let guests serve themselves.
Chatelaine Quickies: Watermelon sangria
[bc_video video_id=”5083594519001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”default”]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 1 g,
- 39 g,
- 4 g,
- 11 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin C