Peanut and pork ramenBy Chatelaine
- 450 g pork loin , cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 2 100-g pkgs chicken ramen noodles
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice , (1 lime)
- 1 tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 3 mini cucumbers , sliced
- 1 340-g pkg heirloom cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup fried shallots , (optional)
- COAT pork with 1½ tsp seasoning mix from ramen noodles in a bowl.
- COOK noodles following package directions, omitting seasoning mix, until just tender, about 3 min. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add pork and cook until no pink remains, 3 to 5 min. Remove from heat.
- DISSOLVE sugar in water in a medium bowl. Whisk in peanut butter, lime juice, sriracha and fish sauce.
- DIVIDE ramen among 4 plates and top with pork, cucumbers and tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with fried shallots.
Chef Secrets with Chuck Hughes: Perfect pork crackling
Nutrition (per serving)
- 35 g,
- 44 g,
- 28 g,
- 4 g,
- 932 mg.