Shopping Tip: Buying pre-chopped cauliflower and broccoli mix cuts down on prep time. If you can’t find it, use 2 cups each broccoli and cauliflower florets.
Garam masala pork chops with mango chutneyBy Chatelaine
Store-bought mango chutney adds a bit of sweet to the spice of this masala pork chops recipe. Bonus: It helps cut down on prep time, too.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 4 boneless pork chops , about 1/2-in. thick
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup mango chutney , divided
- 1 340-g package mixed broccoli and cauliflower florets , (about 4 cups)
- 2 small bell peppers , of different colours, quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- COMBINE paprika with salt and garam masala in a small bowl. Coat pork chops with spice mixture.
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add chops and cook until golden brown, about 2 min. Flip chops and spread 2 tsp chutney over each. Arrange vegetables around pork. Add water, then cover and cook until vegetables are tender-crisp and pork is cooked through, about 3 more min.
- TRANSFER pork and vegetables to plates. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with remaining chutney.
Chef Secrets with Chuck Hughes: Perfect pork crackling
[bc_video video_id=”5464418390001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 21 g,
- 11 g,
- 3 g,
- 908 mg.