Maple brussels sproutsBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Step 1 can be done up to 6 hours in advance. Finish sprouts in the pan just before serving.
- 1 kg brussels sprouts , trimmed and halved
- 6 slices bacon , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
- BOIL a large pot of water. Add brussels sprouts and cook until bright green, 1 to 3 min. Drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain well and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- HEAT a very large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add bacon. Cook until bacon is crisp, about 5 min. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- DISCARD all but 2 tbsp of fat in pan. Add brussels sprouts. Cook until golden-brown, stirring often, 6 to 8 min. Remove from heat.
- STIR in maple syrup, butter and reserved bacon, until coated.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 7 g,
- 21 g,
- 12 g,
- 6 g,
- 235 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C