Updated Oct 6, 2017Chatelaine
(700 g each) lobsters, in the shell, cooked, meat removed
medium fresh or thawed frozen shrimp, unpeeled
chopped, dried chorizo sausage
medium leek, chopped, white and green parts only
celery stalks, chopped
1 1/2 tsp
dry white wine
236-mL bottles clam juice
1 1/2 cups
frozen corn kernels, thawed
cod, cut into 1-in. pieces
chopped fresh dill, plus more for garnish
- CUT lobster meat into 1-in. chunks. Refrigerate, reserving shells and any juices.
- PEEL shrimp, reserving shells. Halve shrimp, then refrigerate.
- CRUSH lobster shells with a rolling pin to condense slightly, then combine with shrimp shells, juices and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 min. Remove from heat. Strain broth through a fine sieve set over a bowl. Discard shells. Set broth aside (it should measure about 3 1/2 cups).
- HEAT oil in a large pot over medium. Add chorizo and cook until starting to brown, 2 min. Add leek, celery, salt and pepper and cook for 5 min. Add wine, then bring to a boil and cook for 2 min. Add reserved broth and clam juice.
- ADD shrimp, corn and cod. Cook just until cod is opaque, 2 min. Stir in lobster, cream and dill, then serve immediately, garnished with more dill.
Kitchen Tip: Ask your fishmonger to steam the lobster on purchase. To remove the meat, lightly knock the backs of shells with a mallet, then use kitchen shears to cut through the shells.