Lentil cakes with Harissa yogurtBy Chatelaine
- 2 cups reserved lentils , (from smoky braised lentils)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tsp harissa paste
- 4 6-in. multi-grain pitas
- 1/4 English cucumber , halved and thinly sliced
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 plum tomato , thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 red onion , thinly sliced
- WHIRL lentils (reserved from smoky braised lentils with halloumi), bread crumbs, egg and salt in food processor until almost smooth with a few chunky pieces. Use a 1/4-cup measure to scoop lentil mixture and form into 4 2 1/2-in. patties.
- HEAT oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add patties and cook until firm, about 3 min per side.
- MIX yogurt and harissa in a small bowl. Divide among pitas, with cucumber, lettuce, tomato, onion and lentil cakes.
How to dice an onion
Nutrition (per serving)
- 28 g,
- 84 g,
- 10 g,
- 11 g,
- 888 mg.