Lemon-garlic chicken with creamy spinachBy Chatelaine
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- fresh pepper , to season
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 1 bunch spinach , chopped
- lemon wedges , to garnish
- SPRINKLE chicken breasts with salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add canola oil, then onions and garlic. Cook until onions start to soften, 8 to 10 min. Push onions to side of pan, then add chicken. Cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 min per side. Add chicken broth. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, 18 to 20 min. Transfer chicken to a platter.
- ADD cream to pan and boil until slightly reduced, 1 to 2 min. Stir in spinach until wilted, about 1 min. Serve with chicken and lemon wedges.
How to remove chicken breasts from a whole chicken
[brightcove id=’2560129254001′ width=’640′ height=’360′]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 50 g,
- 11 g,
- 16 g,
- 3 g,
- 725 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin A