Updated Mar 23, 2018Chatelaine
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- BRUSH 1 tbsp canola oil over both sides of 12 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed.
- STIR bell peppers, remaining 2 tbsp canola oil, cilantro, garlic, honey and salt in a bowl until combined. Reserve and refrigerate 2 cups bell-pepper salsa for Mushroom Rice Bowl.
- OIL grill. Barbecue mushrooms, lid closed, until tender, 4 to 5 min per side. Toast 8 small flour tortillas on the grill during the last 2 min of mushrooms grilling. Transfer mushrooms to a cutting board and brush with white balsamic vinegar. Reserve and refrigerate 6 mushrooms for Mushroom Rice Bowl. Cut remaining 6 mushrooms into thick slices. Divide among tortillas, then top with remaining salsa, 2 sliced avocados and feta.
- Pro secret: Twist and pull off the stem of each mushroom, then scrape out the dark brown gills with a spoon.
NutritionCalories 512, Protein 13 g, Carbohydrates 47 g, Fat 33 g, Fibre 10 g, Sodium 904 mg. Excellent source of Vitamin C
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make cauliflower hummus