Grilled portobello fajitasBy Chatelaine
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 12 large portobello mushrooms , stems and gills removed
- 2 orange bell peppers , coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 avocados , sliced
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- BRUSH 1 tbsp canola oil over both sides of 12 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed.
- STIR bell peppers, remaining 2 tbsp canola oil, cilantro, garlic, honey and salt in a bowl until combined. Reserve and refrigerate 2 cups bell-pepper salsa for Mushroom Rice Bowl.
- OIL grill. Barbecue mushrooms, lid closed, until tender, 4 to 5 min per side. Toast 8 small flour tortillas on the grill during the last 2 min of mushrooms grilling. Transfer mushrooms to a cutting board and brush with white balsamic vinegar. Reserve and refrigerate 6 mushrooms for Mushroom Rice Bowl. Cut remaining 6 mushrooms into thick slices. Divide among tortillas, then top with remaining salsa, 2 sliced avocados and feta.
- Pro secret: Twist and pull off the stem of each mushroom, then scrape out the dark brown gills with a spoon.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make cauliflower hummus
Nutrition (per serving)
- 13 g,
- 47 g,
- 33 g,
- 10 g,
- 904 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin C