Grilled Adobo Kalbi Ribs (Inihaw Na Tadyang)By Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
1 h 40 min
This succulent meal is inspired by braised short-rib, but our version is made with adobo kalbi for a much faster grilling time.
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp minced garlic , (about 10 cloves)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 kg korean-style or Miami beef ribs , about 1/4-in. thick
- 1 green onion , thinly sliced
1. Whisk vinegar with soy, sugar and garlic in a medium bowl until sugar is dissolved. Reserve and refrigerate 3 tbsp marinade in a small bowl and pour remaining marinade into a large resealable freezer bag. Add bay leaf to bag.
2. Rinse ribs a few times with cold water, then pat dry with paper towels. Add ribs to marinade and push meat down, then squeeze out as much air as possible from bag. Seal and massage bag to coat meat with marinade. Refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before grilling.
3. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Oil grill. Cook ribs, lid closed, 2 to 3 min per side. Brush with reserved 3 tbsp marinade, then transfer to a platter. Snip between bones with kitchen shears, sprinkle with green onion and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 4 g,
- 28 g,
- 301 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin B12