Grilled concertina calamari with warm olivesBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
We partnered with President's Choice to create amazing dishes that celebrate flavours we love from across Canada.
- 4 frozen whole squid , (about 600 g)
- 2 tbsp PC New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil , divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup PC Olives Stuffed with Garlic
- 1/2 cup PC Whole Kalamata Olives
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1/4 tsp hot-red-chili-flakes
- 1 lemon , halved
- 3 slices feta , (optional)
- HEAT barbecue to medium-high.
- PAT squid dry with paper towels. Place butter knife inside a squid. Using a sharp knife, slice into generous ¼-in.-thick rings. The butter knife will prevent the knife from cutting all the way through. Repeat with remaining squid. (Each will look like a row of rings held together by a seam.) Toss squid with 1 tbsp of the oil and salt in a medium bowl until coated.
- PLACE olives, herbs and pepper flakes on a 12 × 12-in. piece of foil. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp of oil and stir to combine. Fold edges toward the centre and fold over to seal.
- OIL grill. Grill olive packet and lemon, cut-side down, until warmed through, 6 to 8 min. Cook squid until slightly charred and just tender, 1 to 2 min per side. Transfer to a plate. Serve calamari and olives with a squeeze of lemon and feta.
Chatelaine Quickies: Gourmet hot dogs
Nutrition (per serving)
- 24 g,
- 8 g,
- 16 g,
- 681 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12