Flank steak and hash brownsBy Chatelaine
- 2 cups arugula , finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 1 flank steak , about 750 g
- 2 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes , cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- STIR arugula with garlic, lemon zest and juice, and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- SPRINKLE steak with 1/4 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper. Heat an extra-large non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add 2 tsp oil, then steak. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 6 to 7 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- HEAT remaining 4 tsp oil in same pan over medium-high. Add potatoes and cook, stirring often, until fork-tender, 15 to 18 min. Add onion and cook until golden, 2 to 3 min. Stir in tomatoes and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- SLICE steak thinly, then divide among 4 plates. Top with arugula mixture.
How to grill the perfect steak
Nutrition (per serving)
- 34 g,
- 32 g,
- 19 g,
- 4 g,
- 556 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin C