Cornbread Panzanella Salad with Peaches, Chicken & TomatoesBy Chatelaine
Make this yummy panzanella with leftovers from your sheet pan cornbread.
- 2 squares cornbread , (from Sheet Pan Cornbread with BBQ Pulled Chicken & Green Tomato Salsa), cut in 1/2in. cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 rotisserie Chicken , cut in strips (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 3 peaches , sliced in wedges
- 1 green tomato , sliced in thin wedges
- 1 beefsteak tomato , seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil , or mint leaves
1. Position rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Arrange cornbread cubes in 1 layer. Toast in oven, stirring halfway, until golden and crisp, 8 to 9 min. Let cool.
2. Meanwhile, whisk olive oil with vinegar, garlic and salt in a large bowl. Season with pepper.
3. Stir chicken, peaches and tomatoes into vinaigrette. Divide among 4 plates, then top with cornbread croutons and basil.
This is a two-for-one recipe! Use last night’s cornbread and rotisserie chicken from our Sheet Pan Cornbread with BBQ Pulled Chicken & Green Tomato Salsa in this recipe.
If you can’t find a green tomato, use an underripe plum tomato.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 29 g,
- 42 g,
- 22 g,
- 5 g,
- 997 mg.
- Excellent source of