Classic steak with spicy Thai sauceBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
From the pickiest eater to the biggest appetite, we've got you covered with recipes guaranteed to please everyone on your summer BBQ guest list.
- 4 T-bone steaks , about 350 g each, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 serrano chilies , coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium-high. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- WHIRL garlic and chilies in a food processor until finely chopped. Add lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, cilantro and mint. Whirl until finely chopped. Scrape into a small bowl. Set aside.
- OIL grill. Barbecue steaks, lid open, 5 to 6 min per side for medium-rare, if steak is 1 in. thick. Transfer steaks to a cutting board. Let stand 5 min, then slice into thin strips. Serve drizzled with cilantro sauce and sprinkled with more mint, if desired.
How to grill the perfect steak
Nutrition (per serving)
- 51 g,
- 11 g,
- 19 g,
- 1 g,
- 962 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B6