Chicken and orzo soupBy Chatelaine
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 227-g pkg sliced cremini mushrooms
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs , cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 yellow beet , peeled and halved, cut into thin rounds
- 1 large carrot , peeled and cut into thin rounds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 1 900-mL carton sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley , (optional)
- HEAT oil in a large pot over medium. Add onion and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are softened, about 5 min.
- ADD chicken, beet, carrot and salt to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min. Add orzo, broth and thyme. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium-low until orzo and beet are tender, about 5 min.
- REMOVE thyme sprigs, then ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with parsley and pepper before serving.
How to make an Easy Veggie Soup
[bc_video video_id=”5457788047001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”default”]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 26 g,
- 26 g,
- 9 g,
- 3 g,
- 973 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A