Chicken And Mango Rice Rolls With Satay Peanut SauceBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Day one of our five easy weeknight meals made in 40 minutes or less! Whip up these fresh rolls for your Monday night dinner.
- 4 tsp smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp peanuts , chopped (optional)
- 75 g thin rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 900-g rotisserie chicken , skin discarded and meat shredded
- 1 large mango , pitted, peeled, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 10 round rice paper , sheets
- Sauce: Stir peanut butter with hoisin, curry paste, ¼ cup water and peanuts in a medium bowl.
- Rolls: Cook noodles following package directions, 3 to 4 min. Drain and rinse well. Arrange chicken, mango, red pepper, cilantro and mint on a large platter.
- Lay a clean and damp kitchen towel on the counter. Fill a pie plate with warm water and place beside the kitchen towel. Dip 1 rice paper sheet into water and leave until pliable, about 30 sec. Lay softened sheet on towel. Arrange about 1 cup of desired toppings along bottom third of sheet.
- Lift sheet edge closest to you up and over filling, then roll toward the centre. Fold in sides, then continue rolling to form a log. Set seam-side down on a platter. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Slice rolls in half diagonally. Serve with Satay Peanut Sauce.