Cheesy camp burgersBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
Surprise! These juicy patties are stuffed with Babybel rounds for a cheesy hit minus the mess on the grill, which makes them ideal for camping trips.
- 4 20-g rounds of mini Babybel cheese
- 1.5 kg medium ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 hamburger buns
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes , sliced into rounds
- 2 dill pickles , sliced
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Cut each cheese round in half horizontally. You will have 8 rounds total.
- DIVIDE beef into 16 portions. Flatten each into a very thin patty, about 4 in. wide. Lay a cheese round in the centre of each of 8 patties, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges well to seal in the cheese, then pat down to flatten them to 5 in. wide. Sprinkle both sides of burgers with salt and fresh pepper.
- OIL grill. Barbecue burgers, lid closed, until cooked through, 5 to 7 min per side. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
- Camp prep tip: Pack buns, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles in separate resealable bags. Store in a cooler. Freeze burger patties and keep in cooler until ready to cook. Barbecue burgers from frozen over medium, lid closed, 8 to 9 min per side.
Chatelaine Quickies: How to make cheesy camp burgers
Nutrition (per serving)
- 42 g,
- 27 g,
- 24 g,
- 2 g,
- 696 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin B12