Caramelized onion burgers with garlic aioliBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3 tsp olive oil , divided
- 1 medium red onion , thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 450 g medium ground beef
- 4 tsp chopped oregano , divided
- 3/4 tsp salt , divided
- 4 garlic cloves , minced, divided
- 2 227-g pkgs sugar snap peas , trimmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 brioche buns , halved
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium. Add 2 tsp oil, then onion. Cook, stirring, until softened, 4 to 5 min. Reduce heat to low, add vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden and sticky, 18 to 20 min.
- Mix beef, 2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt and half the garlic in a bowl. Season with pepper to taste. Shape into 4 patties. Press a shallow indent in centre of each with your thumb. Toss peas with remaining oil and salt, then place in a grill basket.
- Oil grill. Grill burgers and peas, lid closed, until peas are charred and tender-crisp, 2 to 3 min. Remove peas to a bowl, then stir in remaining oregano. Flip burgers and continue grilling, lid closed, until cooked, 2 to 3 min.
- Stir mayo and remaining garlic in a bowl. Spread over bottom buns. Top burgers with caramelized onions and serve with snap peas.
Cheesy Camp Burgers
Nutrition (per serving)
- 32 g,
- 56 g,
- 37 g,
- 5 g,
- 939 mg.