Buffalo chicken burgerBy Chatelaine
- 900 g ground chicken
- 2 tbsp panko
- 3 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp Buffalo wing sauce , preferably Frank's
Blue cheese dressing
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese , plus more for garnish (optional)
- 2 carrots , peeled
- 2 celery stalks , with leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp celery seeds
- MIX chicken, panko, parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper in a bowl until combined. Divide into 6 portions and shape into 4 ½-in.-wide patties. Place on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 10 min.
- DRESSING: Stir mayo, lemon juice, onion powder and salt in a small bowl. Stir in blue cheese.
- SLAW: Using a vegetable peeler, cut along the length of the carrots to create ribbons. Combine carrots, celery, vinegar, oil and celery seed in a medium bowl. Toss to coat.
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium. Oil grill and barbecue burgers, lid closed, about 3 min. Flip burgers and brush liberally with buffalo wing sauce. Continue grilling, lid closed, until burgers are cooked through, 3 more min.
- SERVE burgers topped with dressing and slaw. Sprinkle with more crumbled blue cheese.
Chatelaine Quickies: Buffalo cauliflower 'wings'
[bc_video video_id=”5083587775001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 27 g,
- 5 g,
- 27 g,
- 1 g,
- 862 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A