Beef tostadasBy Chatelaine
- 2 striploin steaks , about 450 g (at room temperature)
- 4 tsp Tex-Mex spice blend , such as Club House
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapeño brine
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato , seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 corn tostada shells
- Coat steaks with Tex-Mex spice blend. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high. Add oil, then steaks and reduce heat to medium. Cook 3 to 4 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest, covered, 5 min.
- Whisk sour cream, jalapeño peppers and brine in a medium bowl. Toss with lettuce and tomato. Cut steaks into thin slices.
- Divide lettuce mixture among tostadas. Top with steak and feta. Drizzle any pan juices over steaks.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 30 g,
- 17 g,
- 23 g,
- 3 g,
- 702 mg.
- Excellent source of
- Vitamin b12
FILED UNDER: stovetop