Baked trout with pineapple-pepper salsaBy Chatelaine
Dress up trout fillets with cilantro dressing and a flavourful, fruit-filled salsa.
- 450 g skin-on trout fillets
- 3 tbsp canola oil , divided
- 1 tsp salt , divided
- 3/4 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves , and stems, coarsely chopped, divided
- 1 jalapeño , seeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice , divided
- 2 bell peppers , preferably red and orange, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small red onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cored and peeled pineapple , cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- ARRANGE trout skin-side down on prepared sheet. Brush with 1 tbsp oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Season with pepper.
- Roast until a paring knife inserted into thickest part of fish comes out warm, 10 to 12 min. Meanwhile, whirl 1/2 cup cilantro with jalapeno, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt in a blender until smooth. Toss bell peppers with onion, pineapple and remaining cup cilantro, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- TRANSFER trout to plates and drizzle with cilantro dressing. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 25 g,
- 16 g,
- 18 g,
- 2 g,
- 640 mg.