Baked nacho pastaBy Chatelaine
This article has not been rated yet.
- 3 cups large pasta shells
- 2 tsp oil
- 450 g lean ground turkey
- 1 jalapeño , seeded and diced
- 4 green onions , chopped, white and green parts separated
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips , plus more for garnish (optional)
- 4 cocktail tomatoes , cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- sour cream , (optional)
- COOK pasta following package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- HEAT oil in a large oven-safe frying pan over medium-high. Add turkey, jalapeno and white parts of green onion and cook until the meat is browned, about 9 min. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomato paste, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and cook for 1 min. Stir in pasta and reserved cooking liquid until combined. Remove from heat.
- SPRINKLE with cheese and chips. Broil in centre of oven until cheese is melted and chips begin to brown, checking often, 1 to 2 min. Top with tomatoes, cilantro and remaining green onions. Serve with more chips, avocado slices and sour cream. Kitchen Tip: To help heat-proof a pan’s handle, double-wrap with foil.
How to test the heat of chili peppers
Nutrition (per serving)
- 20 g,
- 27 g,
- 15 g,
- 2 g,
- 366 mg.