Swirled raspberry cheesecake barsBy Chatelaine
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted
- 3 250-g pkgs cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- SAUCE: Stir raspberries, water, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 5 min. Pour into a bowl to cool, 10 min. Strain raspberries through a sieve over a bowl and discard pulp. Sauce should measure about 3 tbsp.
- PREHEAT oven to 325F. Spray a 9×13-in. metal pan with cooking spray and line with parchment to overhang on 2 sides.
- CRUST: Stir crumbs and butter in a small bowl until crumbs are moist. Press firmly and evenly into prepared pan and bake until golden, 10 min. Let cool.
- FILLING: Beat cream cheese in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-low, scraping down sides occasionally, until very smooth, 4 min. Beat in sugar until combined, 3 min. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, on low speed, scraping bowl between additions. Beat in sour cream, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth. Pour batter over prepared crust and smooth top.
- USE a small spoon to drop 25 to 30 small blobs of raspberry sauce over batter. Gently pull the tip of a skewer or toothpick through the blobs to create small swirls. Bake until filling is set, 35 to 40 min. Cool on a rack for 1 hour. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours. Cut into bars. Kitchen Tip: Bars will keep in refrigerator up to 3 days, or wrap with foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
Chatelaine Quickies: Instant cherry sorbet
Nutrition (per square)
- 4 g,
- 16 g,
- 17 g,
- 155 mg.
- Good source of
- vitamin A