Salted caramel ice creamBy Chatelaine
No need for an ice cream maker: Turns out all that’s required to make incredible homemade ice cream is three ingredients and a freezer.
- 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1/4 tsp flaked sea salt , crushed
- 1/2 can dulce de leche
- REMOVE label from can of sweetened condensed milk. Place in a slow cooker insert. Fill with enough water to cover can by 1-in. Cook on high for 4 hours. Turn off slow cooker and let stand until can is completely cooled. (Do not open can until it is completely cool.) Open can and scoop out 1/2 of dulce de leche. Refrigerate the rest for another use.
- BEAT cream in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium, until soft peaks form, 2 to 4 min. Reduce speed to low and beat in 1/2 can dulce de leche and sea salt until just combined. Mixture should be smooth and fluffy.
- SCRAPE mixture into a resealable container. Freeze until firm, 6 hours. Topping suggestion: If desired, top ice cream with flaked sea salt before serving.