Updated Mar 7, 2016Chatelaine
all-purpose flour, (90 g)
granulated sugar, (105 g)
slivered almonds, toasted (58 g)
cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes (125 g)
2 3/4 cups
all-purpose flour, (435 g)
slivered almonds, toasted (60 g)
baking powder, (12 g)
salt, (6 g)
granulated sugar, (205 g)
unsalted butter, at room temperature (132 g)
eggs, (100 g)
vanilla, (24 g)
milk, divided (84 g)
1 1/2 cups
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Oil or spray a 10-in. tube pan.
- COMBINE 2/3 cup flour with 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup almonds in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup cold butter and work in, using your fingers, until crumbly. Set aside.
- STIR 2 3/4 cups flour with 1/2 cup almonds, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT 1 cup granulated sugar with 2/3 cup butter in a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium, until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well and scraping sides of bowl. Beat in zests and 2 tsp vanilla. Fold in one-third of flour mixture, then half of milk. Repeat additions, ending with flour mixture. Stir in frozen raspberries. Scrape batter into pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle with streusel.
- BAKE in centre of oven until a tester comes out clean, 1 hour. Cool in pan on rack for 20 min, then turn out onto rack. Whisk icing sugar with water and 1/2 tsp vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
NutritionCalories 749, Protein 12 g, Carbohydrates 95 g, Fat 37 g, Fibre 5 g, Sodium 434 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
How to make cherry crumble coffee cake