Pretzel Toffee CrackleBy Chatelaine
1 h 45 min
The dessert you didn't know you needed in your life. Salty pretzel bits, sweet toffee and chunks of chocolate and nuts. You won't be able to get enough.
- 120 pcs waffle pretzels , (about 180 g), or 64 pretzel crisps
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds or pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or chopped apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped white chocolate , melted
- PREHEAT oven to 375F. Line a rimmed baking sheet (11 × 17 in.) with parchment. Arrange 1 layer of pretzels, breaking into pieces to fit.
- COMBINE butter, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and salt in a medium saucepan over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon, until mixture starts to boil. Stop stirring and boil for 5 min, brushing sides of pot with a pastry brush dipped in cold water. Quickly pour caramel back and forth over pretzels, spreading to cover. (It doesn’t need to fully cover.)
- BAKE until caramel spreads and starts to bubble around the corners, about 12 min. Remove baking sheet from oven (if some pretzels float to the top, quickly rearrange). Immediately cover with chocolate chips. Let stand for 3 min. Spread melting chocolate over the toffee (hardened caramel). Sprinkle with nuts and dried fruit, then drizzle with white chocolate. Cool for 30 min. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about 30 min. Break into large shards. Toffee will keep well, frozen in resealable freezer bags, up to 2 weeks.
Chatelaine Cookies: Pretzel toffee crackle
[bc_video video_id=”5226740653001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 4 g,
- 40 g,
- 19 g,
- 2 g,
- 129 mg.