Peppermint fudgeBy Chatelaine
The quality of the chocolate is everything here; invest in the best, such as Lindt.
- 500 g best-quality white chocolate , chopped, about 3 1/2 cups
- 300-mL can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup crushed red peppermint candies
- LINE bottom and sides of an 8 × 8-in. baking pan with overlapping pieces of plastic wrap.
- COMBINE chocolate with milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, stirring halfway through, until chocolate is almost melted, 3 to 4 min. Remove and stir in peppermint until smooth. Scrape mixture into prepared pan and press down, smoothing top.
- SIFT crushed candy to remove finely ground pieces. Sprinkle coarse pieces
of crushed candy over fudge.
- FOLD overhanging ends of plastic wrap over fudge to completely cover. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Fudge keeps well, refrigerated, up to 1 week.
How to make peppermint meringues
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 20 g,
- 6 g,
- 32 mg.