Updated Jan 17, 2019Chatelaine
1 1/3 cups
unsalted butter, softened
smooth peanut butter
packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp
granulated sugar, for coating
Fillings and coating
- STIR flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter and peanut butter in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, until creamy, 1 min. Beat in sugars until smooth, 2 min. Beat in egg, then yolk and vanilla.
- GRADUALLY stir in flour mixture until just combined. Divide dough into 2 portions. Wrap in plastic wrap and press into disks. Freeze until firm enough to handle, 1 hr.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Place 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl. Scoop2 tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Swirl it in sugar to coat. Repeat with remaining dough and place on sheets 2 in. apart.
- BAKE until golden around the edges, 12 to 14 min. Cool on sheet for 5 min, then transfer to a rack to cool.
- SANDWICH ½ cup ice cream between 2 cookies, pressing together. Freeze until firm, 90 min. Dip sandwiches halfway into melted chocolate, then into toppings. Freeze finished peanut butter cookies until chocolate is firm, 15 min.
Chatelaine Quickies: Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream