Peach crumble pie
This article has not been rated yet.
* PLUS cooling time
Photo, Roberto Caruso.
The crunchy topping adds awesome texture to this dessert and it comes together in a flash.
pitted and thinly sliced
, (about 10)
, seeds scrapped out and reserved
For the crumble
half and half
- POSITION rack in bottom third of oven. Preheat to 350F.
- TOSS peaches with 1/3 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and vanilla seeds in a large bowl until coated. Let stand, stirring occasionally, until flour is absorbed, 10 min.
- STIR 1/2 cup flour with 1/4 cup sugar, oats and salt in a medium bowl. Add butter and, using your fingertips, work mixture until crumbly.
- BEAT egg with water in a small bowl. Roll out pastry into a 13-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Lift onto a 9-in. pie plate set on a baking sheet. Press dough over bottom and up sides of plate, leaving a 1-in. overhang. Tuck pastry edge under itself and crimp together using your index finger and thumb, or press around edges using the tines of a fork. Scrape peach mixture evenly into pastry. Lightly brush pastry with egg wash. Sprinkle crumble mixture over peaches.
- BAKE in bottom third of oven until golden, 1 hour and 30 min. Let stand at least 2 hours before serving, or overnight.
- Kitchen tip: Use a sharp paring knife to slice vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape out vanilla seeds.
How to buy, store, peel and prepare peaches
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 55 g,
- 20 g,
- 4 g,
- 187 mg.
- Excellent source of
- vitamin A