Cake & Loaf Bakery’s Mini Eggs and Chocolate Chunk CookiesBy Amy Grief
Cake & Loaf Bakery in Hamilton, Ontario has a slew of treats stuffed with Cadbury Mini Eggs, including these colourful chocolate chunk cookies that you'll want to devour as soon as they come out of the oven.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg , room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Mini Eggs chocolate , crushed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Crush Mini Eggs in a plastic bag with a mallet or rolling pin
- Cream sugars with butter until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg to butter mixture. Cream until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt) and then fold into butter mixture (not completely).
- Add in Mini Eggs and chocolate chunks and stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Bake 12-14 min, depending on desired texture (chewy or crisp).