Maple cherry s'mores
This article has not been rated yet.
Photo, Andrew Grinton.
We partnered with President's Choice to create amazing dishes that celebrate flavours we love from across Canada.
1 1/3 cups
PC Pure Vanilla Extract
PC Black Label Ontario Montmorency Sour Cherry Fruit Spread
, broken into 2-in. squares
PC Maple Marshmallows
- WHIRL flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a food processor until combined. Pulse in butter, egg and vanilla until dough comes together.
- SHAPE dough into a 1-in. thick disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F, then line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- ROLL dough out on a lightly floured surface to a scant ¼-in. thickness. Cut with a 3-in. square cookie cutter and place on prepared sheets, re-rolling scraps. Prick the cookie down the centre 3 times with a fork.
- BAKE in batches until firm, 14 to 16 min. Let cool on sheet for 5 min and remove to rack to cool completely. Heat broiler to high.
- FILLING: Spread half of cookies with 1 tbsp each of the fruit spread and a square of chocolate. Place marshmallows on a rimmed baking sheet and broil until golden, about 1 min, adding chocolate-and- jam-topped cookies in last 30 seconds. Top each with a plain cookie to make a sandwich, pressing down.
Chatelaine Quickies: Caramel skillet s'mores