Updated Nov 8, 2016Chatelaine
1 1/2 cups
unsalted butter, at room temperature
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- STIR flour with lemon zest, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- BEAT butter with sugar in a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, until smooth, 1 min. Gradually stir in half of flour mixture, until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture, kneading with your hands, until dough forms a ball.
- ROLL out on a floured counter until 1/4 in. thick. Cut out cookies with various shapes of cookie cutters. Arrange on prepared sheets, 2 in. apart. Cookies will spread as they bake.
- BAKE in top and bottom thirds of oven, switching sheets halfway through, until edges are just golden, 12 to 15 min. Leave on sheet for 5 min, then transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- WHISK icing sugar with lemon juice and whisky in a medium bowl until smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is firm. Cookies will keep well in an airtight container up to 1 week, or freeze up to 1 month.
How to fill a piping bag