Updated Aug 29, 2018Chatelaine
- PRALINE: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir sugar and 1 tbsp water in a small pot. Gently boil over medium, without stirring, until light golden, about 10 min. (Stirring may encourage sugar to crystallize.) Remove from heat and stir in pistachios. Transfer hot mixture to prepared sheet and spread in a thin layer. Set aside to cool completely, 15 to 20 min. Finely chop or pulse praline in a food processor. Transfer to a small bowl.
- CRUST: Position rack in centre of oven and preheat to 350F. Pulse pistachios in a food processor until fine. Add graham cracker crumbs and salt. Pulse to combine. Drizzle in melted butter with motor running. Transfer mixture to a 4- x 13 1/2-in. fluted removable-bottom tart pan. Press mixture firmly over bottom and up sides (tamp down with the bottom of a measuring cup). Bake until golden brown, about 12 min. Lower oven temp to 300F.
- FILLING: Whisk yogurt, mascarpone, eggs, honey and salt until smooth. Pour filling into hot tart shell, smoothing top. Bake until filling is almost set when pan is jiggled, about 20 min. Let cool on a rack, then refrigerate until cold, about 1 hr or up to 1 day.
- TOPPING: Place honey, vanilla and 1 tbsp water in a small pot. Bring to a simmer over medium and cook for 3 min, swirling occasionally. Remove from heat, then gently stir in figs and blackberries.
- REMOVE tart from pan and transfer to a serving plate. Top with fruit mixture. Sprinkle with as much pistachio praline as you wish.
Kitchen tip: Praline can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Kitchen tip: If you don’t have a rectangular fluted tart pan, use a 9-in. round fluted tart pan. Add 1/4 cup each more yogurt and mascarpone to the filling mixture.
NutritionCalories 433, Protein 11 g, Carbohydrates 49 g, Fat 23 g, Fibre 3 g, Sodium 274 mg.
Easy and elegant appetizers - Fig with pepita brittle