Our riff on the UK’s Jaffa cake cookies is utterly irresistible. (Orange and chocolate are an underused—but dynamic—duo.) This easy cake is gorgeous on its own, but the glossy chocolate glaze adds the perfect touch of elegance.
Chocolate-orange Jaffa cakeBy Chatelaine
12 to 14
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter , softened
- 1 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup strained orange juice , (2 oranges)
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 2 tsp honey
- PREHEAT oven to 350F.
- PAN: Mix butter and flour in a small bowl, then brush inside a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- BATTER: Rub sugar and orange zest in a large bowl with hands to release the natural oil. Whisk in flour, baking powder and salt.
- WHISK eggs, oil, orange juice, buttermilk and vanilla in a bowl. Stir into flour mixture until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE until a tester inserted into centre of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 min. Cool for 20 min in pan. Remove cake to a rack and cool completely, about 40 min.
- GLAZE: Place chocolate in a small bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium-high, until bubbles start to form. Pour over chocolate and let stand 1 min. Stir until smooth. Stir in honey, then drizzle over cake.
How to: Chocolate-orange Jaffa cake
[bc_video video_id=”5448228593001″ account_id=”10190175001″ player_id=”r1zRQqV3″]
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 44 g,
- 19 g,
- 2 g,
- 175 mg.
- Excellent source of