Victorian sugarplumsBy Chatelaine
Almonds and assorted dried fruits are the base of these bite-sized sparkly, sweet gems.
- 2 cups slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds , finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp anise seeds , finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried prunes
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried dates
- 2/3 cup coarse or granulated sugar
- TOAST almonds in an extra-large frying pan over medium, about 5 min. Let cool, 10 min, then finely chop.
- STIR honey with fennel, anise, cardamom and salt in a large resealable zip-lock bag until combined. Add almonds, icing sugar, apricots, prunes and dates. Seal bag and knead until thoroughly mixed.
- POUR coarse sugar into a medium bowl. Scoop out 1-tbsp portions of nut mixture. Use lightly damp hands to roll into balls. Toss in sugar until coated. Sugar plums will keep well in a resealable container for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 2 g,
- 16 g,
- 3 g,
- 1 g,
- 10 mg.