1 h 5 min
- 1 1/3 cups sliced almonds , divided
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 2 tbsp 35% cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped glacé cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped 70% dark chocolate
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- PULSE ¾ cup of the almonds in a food processor until ground. Transfer to a bowl and stir in remaining almonds, flour and salt.
- COMBINE sugar, butter, corn syrup and cream in a small saucepan over medium-high, stirring until it comes to a boil. Boil 1 min.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in vanilla and cherries. Stir into almond mixture until just combined. Let stand until dough is cool enough to handle, about 15 min.
- SCOOP a heaping 1 tsp of dough and form into a ball with damp hands. Repeat. Arrange 3 in. apart on baking sheets. Bake until golden and thin, about 11 min. Repeat with remaining dough. Let cool completely on a rack.
- MELT chocolate in microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 20 sec until smooth. Drizzle over florentines.
- LET stand until chocolate is firm. Cookies will keep well in a covered container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to melt chocolate using a double-boiler
Nutrition (per cookie)
- 1 g,
- 8 g,
- 4 g,
- 1 g,
- 24 mg.