Gluten-free chocolate-fudge cake
- 1 cup milk , at room temperature
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour , preferably Bob's Red Mill
- 1 cup cocoa powder , preferably Fry's
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup 35% cream
- 56 g semi-sweet chocolate , finely chopped (about two squares)
- 1 tbsp honey , or corn syrup
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Lightly spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with oil.
- WHISK milk with coffee in a large bowl until completely dissolved. Whisk in eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla. Whisk flour with cocoa, baking powder and soda, xanthan gum and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk into milk mixture. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE in centre of oven until a cake tester inserted into cake comes out clean, 25 to 30 min. Transfer pan to a rack to cool completely, about 40 min. Invert pan onto a cake plate.
- POUR cream into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium until hot, 1 min. Immediately add chocolate and stir until melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in honey. Or heat cream in a small saucepan over medium until it almost comes to a boil. Add chocolate. Stir just until melted. Stir in honey. Drizzle over cake and top with chocolate curls. Cake will keep well, covered, at room temperature, up to 2 days.
Nutrition (per serving)
- 6 g,
- 48 g,
- 12 g,
- 12 g,
- 556 mg.